|Format & Rules (Updated March 23, 2017)
- Entries and payment must be in by May 1st
- Round #1 to be set up by May 10th
- $10 entry fee per person, per division
- Prizes and trophies awarded to champs of all divisions as well as runners-up
Parent-Child and Mixed are combined match-play (add both scores). Partners are not permitted to play a simultaneous match due to conflict of interest
- Mixed is divided into A&B where B is for teams with a combined scoring median of 175 or higher
- See ClubEG Division Breakdown below. You may play in a higher division if you like, and you may play in as many divisions as you like
- To play in the finals (all divisions) you must have played a minimum of five Slammer Tour events in the current season. Parent-Child and the Mixed divisions are exempt from this rule.
- Single knockout format: lose once and you are out; win and you move to the next round
- All matches will be played at regularly published Slammer events and arranged by both players, unless otherwise approved
- Each round will have a published deadline. Any match not completed by the published deadline will be declared over and the Commish will select one person to move on based on the following guidelines: attempts to play the match, events played, top ranked, other reasons provided
- Seeding for entrants is based on skill level (prior stats and judgment call by Commish) as of the registration deadline; top 4 from previous year will be seeded 1 to 4
- If a match ends in a draw then sudden death extra holes is played, but only if both Slammers agree and the course permits it, otherwise another 18 hole match will be played on another date
- Anyone can enter; Rookies don't be shy!
- Players must meet the divisional criteria at the time of registration and on May 1st. If at any time throughout the year a player's scoring median moves substantially below the eligible scoring median (3 or more strokes) then the player will be removed from that division and a default win awarded to his/her opponent.
This will be a discretionary call by the Slammer Tour committee based on the evidence provided. If removed, a decision will be made to grant a default win to the previous opponent played (if the match was played within one week prior) or granted to the next player to play.
Once the brackets get to the semi-final rounds, this rule no longer applies and players cannot be removed.
- 2017 will be the first year where we do a straight bracket system. Players aren’t re-seeded after each round, so what you see in the 2017 brackets will be how your future matches are set, similar to a tennis tournament.
ClubEG Division Breakdown
(Updated Nov. 6/16)
||Open to anyone
||78-84 scoring median
||85 to 91 scoring median
||92 to 99 scoring median
||100 or higher scoring median
(Updated March 29/16)
- New beginning 2016, all Slammers will play any division of the Tour Championship from their regular tee-block assignment.
(as of April 25)
||15 years of age or less
||16-18 years of age
||50 years of age and over
||65 years of age and over
||75 years of age and over